Thursday, May 29, 2014

Life Does go On

This was supposed to be my place for words. I guess that I haven't had much to say lately. Finishing up for school kept me quite busy with little time to write or even think about writing. I came home from visiting family today. Stuck on flights all day kept me from the news but on arrival back in NC I learned that Maya Angelou passed away. I exclaimed "Noooo, awwww!" as I came down the escalator in the airport where the monitors had the story posted and my daughter asked what was wrong. I pointed it out to her and she asked if the woman was famous. I almost fell off the escalator at the bottom. How have I gone this long in my child's life, my FEMALE child's life, without telling her all about Maya Angelou?!!? My daughter loves to read. How did this slip through my fingers. The woman has so much wisdom and beautiful words to impart on everyone, how could I have been so irresponsible and not have introduced her to my daughter. Having had a hard life growing up I found comfort and strength in her words. She is a driving force in the sisterhood of women as well as the family of humanity. I will miss hearing new words, but I will continue to cherish the old ones. I will never forget what you said or how it made me feel and I will pass on that love and hope and strength to my loved ones. "I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment